Every fucking time I drum up the courage to actually make a relatively important call the person I’m calling is FUKKEN busy every time
im completely incapable of saying good things about myself and my work and i dont know how to stop
Some of you are reblogging because you think its funny that programmers would talk to ducks. I’m reblogging because I think its funny picturing a programmer explaining their code, realizing what they did when they explain the bad code, then grabbing the strangling the duck while yelling “WHY WAS THE FIX THAT SIMPLE!? AM I GOING BLIND!”
AS A PROGRAMMER I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU FUCKING DO WE HAD TO BAN THE DUCKS FROM MY CLASSES BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD FLIP THE DUCK OR THROW IT AT A WALL OR SOMETHING WHEN THEY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM IN THEIR CODE
so that’s the function of a rubber duck
I AM LOSING MY SHIT OVER THIS WHAT THE FUCK ARIN HOLY SHIT I ALMOST DIED LAUGHING I ALMOST FUCKING CHOKED
mmmm never forget this. never let this die. in 80 years when arin is on his death bed, let him remember the d club
I do not care if you arent into game grumps. Please listen to this.
I just love though, dan’s muffled laughter as he leaves the room to ask arin’s wife about him having totally-not-gay gay actions and comes back into the room screaming “oh my god” its beautiful really
(Source: jingledink)Played 249743 times.
The series, which will be fully released in October, features 70 models who identify as either Asian, Native American, Hispanic, African, Middle Eastern, Black American and West Indian.
"I think it is very important to see one’s self in the Scripture so that it may become real in their eyes," Lewis told The Huffington Post. "The whitewashing of the Bible has always bothered me. However I’m happy to now have the opportunity to give a different point of view."
"I wish to exhibit a splash of color onto the biblical pages of history with my creative embellishments. By doing so I hope to open the minds and eyes of the ignorant and create open conversations of how we can learn to see the world through colorful lenses. After all, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is intended for everyone."
For those who’d like to see the entire collection, “Icons Of The Bible” will on display from November 2014 to February 2015 in Atlanta, GA.
-waits for white people to flip shit-
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
“The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.”
As a Jew, I’m actually terrified to talk about antisemitism when I see it, cause it’s been so belittled and minimized for me.
Please call it out, guys, just like you would any other kind of bigotry or racism.
I am not Jewish and am thoroughly uneducated on this subject. Until reading this post I had never even heard the term anti-semitic before. I know it isn’t much but I hope my reblogging of this is at least something.
I’m not sure whether to be reassured or terrified that anti-Semitism isn’t a well known thing in Korea, but still, good on this person for doing what they can for awareness.
Making combadge pins for my sis’s birthday tomorrow -u-
So, I started thinking about something: why are drugs illegal?
I don’t mean in the sense of ‘they should be legal because then government can tax’ and blah blah you know the arguments i’m sure.
I mean in the sense of why did these particular substances become illegal? There are plenty of addictive substances that aren’t. And there are plenty of legal medicines that affect the brain and body, so why did these particular substances become illegal.
If anyone has more insight on this/articles, love to hear them. I’m fairly curious.
Well, I know why marijuana in particular is illegal.
During Depression-era America, white males were given priority in the job market, right? Even in jobs that could be considered undesirable (such as fruit harvesting and the like). Before then, marijuana was perfectly legal and could be grown by anyone without any legal consequences, and was even encouraged.
Mexicans, by then, had emigrated to the U.S. (after the Mexican Revolution of 1910) and had jobs throughout, and marijuana was associated with Mexicans, since they introduced the recreational use of it as a drug. Once the Depression hit, the massive unemployment rates generated a fear of Mexican immigration, which, in turn, resulted in an increased concern over the topic of marijuana and led to a fairly pronounced anti-chicano movement (it was associated with crime, violence, and “racial inferiority”).
So, basically, in order to make more room in the job market for white males, marijuana was outlawed in several states by the 30s.
A few sources: